Editing, eBook and/or Print [service]
- What is “Standard Manuscript Format”?
It is how your content should be structured by publishing industry standards when working with professional consultants. Any consultant who does not know or expect this is not a professional. See the Bookshop under “I.A. [NDAS Independent Authors Series]” for a short ebook that explains this.
Layout, eBook and/or Print [service]
- What are ”ACNs [Author Change Notes]”?
An industry standardized system of notation. It promotes efficiency and precision in your final “product” review and communicating changes and corrections to a professional layout technician [LT]. See the Bookshop under “I.A. [NDAS Independent Authors Series]” for a short ebook that explains this.
- How do I create ACNs for an ebook-only publication?
There are 2 possible processes; the first is the better choice:
- Your eLT (electonic/ebook layout technician) delivers a PDF export of content as if it were a print edition. You then have stable pages, paragraphs and lines for ACN references to indicate changes and/or corrections.
- Your eLT (electonic/ebook layout technician) delivers a DOC and or ODT export of the initial layout before export to the ebook format.
NOTE: all professional eLTs execute ebook content design in a visual layout environment capable of later export to ePUB format.
You may use standard “Track Changes” to indicated changes and/or corrections. [NOT RECOMMENDED and not done by professional authors and/or publishers in post-layout proofing.]
Questions and answers above are now part of our FAQ page.